Wednesday, March 4, 2009

No Surprise: Straw Would've Roided Up

In an admission that shocked absolutely no one, Darryl Strawberry told the news media in Florida this week that if he was presented with roids during his playing days, he would have taken them. His comments came about when the topic of A-Rod was discussed.

Straw elaborated his position on the issue by saying, “I’m not saying that was the right thing to do, but somebody asked me, if I’d faced it, what would I have done? If that was going on in the ’80s, it definitely would have been in my system, too.”

“I was stupid, too, when I was 24, 25,” he added, referring to Rodriguez’s comments that he was stupid during the time he used steroids. “I’ve done a lot of stupid things.”

Darryl Strawberry saying he's done a lot of stupid things is in the running for understatement of the year. but that's why the public will be clamoring for his tell-all book about 80's excess in the NY Mets' clubhouse.

No comments: